Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 15th, 2009 08:00

WOT as Adware?

This morning I could not get WOT to download new ratings; in effect WOT was disabled.
Turns out it was due to OpenDNS labelling mywot.com as Adware:
http://forums.opendns.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=3588&page=1#Item_0

You can whitelist mywot.com in your OpenDNS dashboard settings- problem solved.

This is the first time OpenDNS has blocked a website I know to be safe- unless WOT has gone over to the dark side!

2K Posts

April 15th, 2009 08:00

How does one manually update WOT?  Right click and 'Check for Updates...' has never done anything for me on any of the three computers I have it installed on.

5.8K Posts

April 15th, 2009 09:00

How does one manually update WOT?  Right click and 'Check for Updates...' has never done anything for me on any of the three computers I have it installed on.

As far as I know, WOT automatically updates/refreshes its ratings when you open your browser. I've never used the right-click in either IE nor in Firefox. I just now tried the right-click in both browsers- didn't do anything for me that I could see either, probably because I had just opened the browsers.

3 Apprentice

• 

15.3K Posts

April 15th, 2009 10:00

I'm using  basic/"non-registered"/default/"non-customized" OpenDNS, and am able to access the  www.mywot.com website

5.8K Posts

April 15th, 2009 11:00

Yes, this problem only affected those who customized their OpenDNS block list to include Adware sites.

No Events found!