Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 20th, 2023 07:00

SSD for Dell Vostro 3590

Vostro 3590

Vostro 3590

Hello,

I have Dell Vostro 3590. I wish to upgrade my laptop with SSD. Please suggest a compatible SSD for my laptop.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

January 20th, 2023 07:00

Crucial has compatible SSDs for your laptop. The M.2 drives will be faster than the SATA drives. You can choose other brands, but that page will give you an idea and also Crucial drives are guaranteed compatible.

For installation, follow the steps in Dell's Service Manual. I would have linked directly to the manual for your model, but the correct manual depends upon whether your laptop has an optical drive or not. This page has links to both Service Manuals.

Whenever touching components or working inside a computer, wear a grounded wrist strap, also called anti-static wrist strap, ESD wrist strap, or ground bracelet. It's a cheap and sensible precaution. Rest the laptop on an anti-static mat or at least a reasonable alternative such as corrugated cardboard.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

January 22nd, 2023 23:00

Yes, it will work. But, if you choose one of the Crucial SSDs for your laptop, the M.2 PCIe drives will be faster than the Western Digital SATA drive.

The Crucial drives are guaranteed compatible with your laptop.

62 Posts

January 31st, 2023 10:00

I advise to stay away from any SSD that has 256 GB, they usually do not cost significantly less than a 512 GB one and you will be better off also skipping these models. 256 GB and 512 GB models are price wise suboptimal.

My recommendation would be to opt for a one TB (1000 GB) SSD that does not have a record for generating a lot of heat. Cooling an SSD is almost impossible inside of a notebook and if operating temperatures inside of an SSD reach 70 to 80 or more degrees celsius, the SSD will slow down the write speed to the extreme.

62 Posts

January 31st, 2023 10:00

Be advised to check if the SSD you would like to install in a Dell notebook is cool running, meaning check if the model you pick requires extra cooling and if yes, do not install it in a notebook.

Look out for recommended drives that to not heat up during access, these drives will last longer and will also deliver the speed you intend to pay for.

5 Posts

January 22nd, 2023 19:00

I need specific answer with regard to the type of SSD I should buy. I am looking for a space between 100GB to 300 GB. Please suggest the exact SSD model I should buy.

5 Posts

January 22nd, 2023 21:00

Is this SSD compatible "Western Digital WD Green M.2 240GB, Up to 545MB/s, 2.5 Inch/7 mm, 3Y Warranty, Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (WDS240G3G0B)". Can you please confirm so that I can buy this.

5 Posts

January 29th, 2023 08:00

Many Thanks. I have an optical drive in Dell Vostro 3590. Request if you may also let me know the compatibilty of "Western Digital WD Green M.2 240GB, Up to 545MB/s, 2.5 Inch/7 mm, 3Y Warranty, Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (WDS240G3G0B)" for Dell Vostro 3590.

5 Posts

February 4th, 2023 07:00

I shall be obliged if you kindly share the link of the correct Crucial SSDs (250GB-500GB) . This is my laptop configuration Dell Vostro 3590 with optical drive

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

February 4th, 2023 07:00

In your private message to me, I believe you asked for a drive less than $50. I suggest you get the Crucial P3 Plus 500GB PCIe M.2 2280 SSD, which is $39.99 from Crucial. You can also buy from Amazon or other on-line source or a local retail store.

For installation, follow the steps in Dell's Service Manual

Look on YouTube for videos showing disassembly of your model. But, be cautious with them, as some use steps or methods that are not appropriate. Use the videos to add to your understanding of what to do, but follow the steps in Dell's manual.

Whenever touching components or working inside a computer, wear a grounded wrist strap, also called anti-static wrist strap, ESD wrist strap, or ground bracelet. It's a cheap and sensible precaution. Rest the laptop on an anti-static mat or at least a reasonable alternative such as corrugated cardboard.

No Events found!