Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 13th, 2017 04:00

Unable to deploy SVM template

Hi, I am trying to deploy SVM template on ESX but getting the following error

Could not create a temporary SVM from the specified ova path: 10/13/2017 4:18:02 AM     Import-VApp             Host did not have any virtual network defined.

It worked first time but when I was deploying ScaleIO I got an error that I have to select 2 templates and then I canceled and deleted the SVM and thought I should try it again. Now when I am trying to push the template I get that error.

On the cluster I am trying to push ScaleIO is new and have only Distributed switch enabled/configured. Any ideas why this is happening and how can this be fixed? I can push for more configuration/info as required.

My second question is that when I got the screen to select the devices to install, I was also able to see my iSCSI attached device which can not be selected or deselected. The VMFS checkbox is enabled for that. If I install ScaleIO would it impact my existing naa showing there?

Thanks.

306 Posts

October 18th, 2017 04:00

Hi,

SVM requires a standard switch to be present on the ESXi host before a template can be deployed, so please try to create one and re-register.

I didn't get the 2nd question, are you actually able to install SVM on that iSCSI device? It shouldn't be possible if you haven't changed anything in Advanced configuration; also it is not recommended as it can affect the stability of entire cluster, please make sure you use only the local disks to install SVMs on them.

Cheers,

Pawel

No Events found!