Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 8th, 2016 07:00

Black Backlight Screen After Windows 10 Upgrade

I have a problem is which very similar to what I’m finding on the internet except, mine is a tad bit different. I have a Dell Vostro 3550 laptop. The hard drive died and it was reloaded with Windows 7 Home Pre 64-Bit.  It has an Intel i5Core processor with 8GB PC3 memory. The Install and everything was fine for 2 days.  On the 3rd day, it prompted me to do the Windows 10 update.  I have a desktop and the installation/upgrade to Windows 10 went flawlessly.  So I followed the same procedures.  After it was finished, it rebooted and I saw the blue Windows logo with the spinning pinwheel.  Afterward, the screen just appears to be black backlight.  On the internet I have found blogs with a similar problem however, they say a black screen with a mouse pointer.  I never see the mouse pointer.  I can hear the windows login sound and if I press keys, I can hear the windows exclamation sound and the hard drive light will flash.  I have allowed it to sit for up to 30 mins. but it will not go beyond that.   It will actually go into sleep mode and then when I press a key the same backlite black screen.  I have pushed every “function F” key but it will not boot into “safe mode” aka Windows Recovery.  Any help will be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

3 Posts

March 8th, 2016 16:00

I solved my own problem than you anyway.

No Events found!