Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 28th, 2016 06:00

DELL INSPIRON 15 7000 series 7537

Hi 

Recently my dell inspiron 7537 is having problems opening properly. I am not sure if it is the way I carry it in my back back (college student) but I always use a case with it and make sure to be gentle setting my backpack down, etc. I have had this computer since 2014 and never had any problems, I love it!. But recently when I try to open the laptop for use the right side makes a popping noise at the crease and the bottom right of the screen (not the touch screen portion but where it is black at the corner) is popping off. I can see the lights behind it. I am able to press on the screen to get it to pop back in place but even when it is in place and I test it by opening and closing it the same popping noise happens and the portion of the screen is raised again. 

Is this a problem I live with now? Any solutions? I bought my computer at costco but I can't remember if I had a warranty or if it even lasted this long. Any suggestions?

Also the actual computer functions just fine, no problems booting up or anything.

• 

17K Posts

November 29th, 2016 05:00

brittdenn4,

If your purchased the system through costco you would need to contact them for warranty issues unless you transferred the warranty to Dell online. Can you post a picture of the piece coming off? If so, I can look to see if that part is replaceable through our spare parts department. 

No Events found!