Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 14th, 2015 07:00

Dell 5547 Factory reset

I bought a new inspiron 5547 few days back and my c drive is running out of space, i want to factory reset it but dell backup and recovery is not working. 

I want to know that what will happen if i install pirated windows on my laptop. Will it void my warranty?

Also i got windows 10 notification from dell and i reserved my update. where in my laptop will it be downloaded after it gets released officialy? Because i want to clean install over my existing windows 8.1?

Windows will be upgraded on my windows 8.1 or it will perform a clean install by default? 

Thanks in advance.

• 

17K Posts

July 14th, 2015 11:00

Asad Ali                                                                                     

If you put a pirated version on your laptop it may not be able to validate the OS from MS and not update your computer to Windows 10. It is probably best to let Microsoft update your computer to Windows 10 at the end of July. When it does the update it will ask you if you want to keep all your files and folders from your Windows 8.1 . It is here you can choose to put a clean version on your computer without saving any of your previous data.

13 Posts

July 14th, 2015 13:00

Thanks for your prompt reply. What if i activate the pirated OS? Then there will be no problem receiving updates from Microsoft. I just want to know if it void my warranty?  

• 

17K Posts

July 15th, 2015 07:00

Asad Ali,

No it will not void the warranty,but if you need to use the warranty you will need to put the original OS back on the system.

1 Message

September 27th, 2015 11:00

Do you know where I can download the ISO of the original OS?? I'm struggling to find this.

No Events found!