Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 13th, 2017 18:00

Dell Inspiron 7567 is NOT stable on newer Win10 Builds

Post Windows 10 Creators Update, there have been several issues affecting the Dell Inspiron 7567.

I've made several posts on this forum and the Nvidia forum outlining my issues:

CPU throttling while system is being stressed (Aida64: CPU+GPU stress test replicates this issue within the first 2 minutes).  See the attached video demoing the issue: 

www.youtube.com/watch

I've discovered with the assistance of Yan(MELSunny) from this forum (a user who recently purchased the i7 variant of this laptop) that the throttling is caused by the later builds of Windows 10 (creators update).  WIN10 build 14393 is confirmed to be working without these issues.

If you expect to play any video games on this "gaming" laptop, you CANNOT update your operating system.  If you enable windows update, Microsoft will pull the latest build immediately causing your system to become unstable and throttle for no reason.

I HOPE Dell reads this and works with Microsoft to address this in future Win10 builds.  If any of you are experiencing this issue, roll back your OS or reformat.

To disable windows updates do the following:

https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/enable-or-disable-windows-update-in-windows-10.html

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

July 14th, 2017 06:00

Hi Turboman750,

Thanks for posting.

In researching this, I found that upgrading the BIOS may resolve this issue,  please try updating your system BIOS to version 1.0.3 or later.  Thanks.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

July 14th, 2017 08:00

CPU throttling while system is being stressed (Aida64: CPU+GPU stress test replicates this issue within the first 2 minutes).  See the attached video demoing the issue: 

I watched the YouTube with the i5 processor.  The comment is made the system is not getting hot, but the processor is showing 156° F.  I haven't looked at the max temps of the i5 or i7 but I would say that is a little warm.  The fact you can hear the fans running shows the system is warmer than normal.  The fact the processor was running at 100% means it is working harder than mine ever did during the stress test.

As far as this system, since I am not a performance expert, I can only provide info regarding what my system does when running a stress test using 3DMark.  I am not trying to say your conclusions are

It appears to me, the processor does drop down in speed but was showing a utilization of around 50%.  The interesting part is the frame rate does not drop off with the drop in processor speed.  The 3DMark provides more results beyond the two I am showing and you can see options along the bottom of the picture.

This system is a Gaming Laptop.  I have a Desktop gaming system which has two GTX 980 Nvidia cards running in SLI.  I am wondering if your are expecting too much from the system.  It might be good to compare the Inspiron Gaming version with one of the Alienware systems.

12 Posts

July 14th, 2017 09:00

This issue is NOT resolved by updating the bios to the latest version 1.0.7.

This issue is ONLY resolved by rolling back your Windows OS to a build prior to the Creators Update.

12 Posts

July 14th, 2017 09:00

I appreciate your responses but I'm not looking for troubleshooting or a solution - I've already solved it.  I'm posting this to put it out there for those of us who purchased the 7567 and want to get the best possible experience on the machine.  I had to find the majority of this information on a Chinese forum because nobody in the US seems to be troubleshooting this issue.

The issue is 100% resolved when you roll back to a previous build of windows 10 prior to the creators update.  Perhaps in the near future, these issues will be gone when Microsoft rolls out new builds.

July 14th, 2017 17:00

Turboman750, thank you for posting this thread.  I have been very disappointed in the gaming performance of my 7567, which I bought only 18 days ago (3 days past the BB return deadline).  I have noticed lagginess in all of the games I have tried so far - and  they are mostly old games like CS:GO and Killing  Floor 2.  With the specs of this laptop, the old games should fly.  I was starting to think it was an issue with the display (I have the 1080p IPS screen) but after reading your post, I think I may be experiencing the same issue you described.

12 Posts

July 15th, 2017 14:00

Riveredge,

You're welcome.  This would be a PR nightmare for Dell if they announced this to the public which is why they're keeping silent.  The laptop is actually an excellent machine, the build quality and performance per dollar is in my opinion one of the best on the market.

It's really unfortunate that this is currently happening and I'm hoping Dell and Microsoft iron out these issues sooner rather than later.  Not updating your windows 10 prevents you from receiving Microsoft security updates and leaves your machine vulnerable but until they fix this throttling issue, I would not recommend updating your machine.

1 Message

July 19th, 2017 10:00

I'm having the same problem. Do you remember what is the update code behind Windows Creators?

9 Posts

July 19th, 2017 20:00

This seems to be an issue with Turbo Boost, I disabled it and its not downclocking at all anymore.

9 Posts

July 19th, 2017 20:00

I'm having the same issue as well, Dell needs to get on this

9 Posts

July 19th, 2017 21:00

I disabled Turbo Boost and its not downclocking on the newer build anymore, it seems to be an issue with that I guess. Either way Dell needs to fix this ASAP or I'm returning it.

9 Posts

July 24th, 2017 06:00

dell I hope you realize you're about to lose a valuable customer

9 Posts

July 24th, 2017 06:00

this is unfortunate, dell does not care about this at all. nice job..

July 28th, 2017 20:00

Hi,thank you for posting this issue,i had this problem recently and i wonder which graphic drivers are totally fit with this Dell 7567.Should i download the up-to-date driver from Nvidia or using the original driver from the Dell website? Should all drivers stay the same or do i need to download the up-to-date version for all my dell 7567 drivers? I'm just expect to play games in this laptop.

Sorry for asking so many questions,hope you can help with my concern i just want to experience the best performance of gaming with this Dell 7567. Please help.Thanks

July 28th, 2017 20:00

Hi,thank you for posting this issue.

Should i download the up-to-date version of graphic driver form Nvidia or should i just stay the original graphic driver from Dell website. Also,do i need to download the newest drivers for this Dell 7567 or just using the original drivers?

Hope you can help with my concerns,i would like to have the best performance of gaming from this Dell 7567.Thanks.

18 Posts

October 18th, 2017 21:00

Same issue

Bios update don't fix

Dell don't care

No Events found!