Highlighted
DALESTRON
Bronze

Inspiron N5110 Bios is not supported for Windows 10

Jump to solution

I have a 3 years Dell Inspiron N5110 i5/8GB ram/Nvidia with Windows home Premium. Very happy with its performance and quality. Today i tried to reserve the Windows 10 copy via the Get Windows10 app. After having trouble to make the icon visible in my toolbar i clicked to to make the reserve and came up with this message...

I am running on the latest BIOS A11, latest windows updates and drivers and still getting this. I have 2 more laptops about 3-4 years older from my Dell and both qualified for Windows 10. Is it me or are there other N5110 users getting this? Is there any other BIOS fix for this? Is there any official answer from Dell about this issue? Is there a possibility Dell fix this before 29 of July?

13 Replies
rash732
Bronze

Bios not supported

Jump to solution

I Have dell N5110 laptop with 4 gb ram and 500 gb hdd, Intel (R) CORE (TM) i3-2330M CPU @2.20GHZ 2.20GHZ i had reserved my windows 10 few days ago but it says ur bios not supported for windows 10 i also update bios from dell.com, A07 TO A11 BUT still the same bios not supported i need to ask Is that my laptop will run the window 10 or not or dell fix this issu or should i cancel reservation of windows 10 kindly reply appreciated?? 

Tags (1)
danwil1979
Bronze

RE: Bios not supported

Jump to solution

I've run into the same problem here.

Will there be a bios update for this model?

My laptop is not yet 4 years old and older laptops we have can be updated.

I will not be buying another Dell product if I can not even update this one to W10.

rash732
Bronze

Bios issu

Jump to solution

<duplicate post>

0 Kudos
ejn63
Diamond

RE: Bios issu

Jump to solution

Dell never supported Windows 8.1 on this system - and it's highly unlikely there'll be any further BIOS updates, so Windows 10 support may never exist for it.

0 Kudos
danwil1979
Bronze

Jump to solution

I find that completely unacceptable for a device of less than 4 years old.
<The 2011 Inspiron N5110 will not be supported by Dell for Windows 10. DELL-Chris M>

I have an 8 year old pc  that can still update to 10.

ejn63
Diamond

Jump to solution

If it's a notebook PC, it's unlikely a 8-year old system can still run 10.  If it's a desktop, that's a different story.

0 Kudos
danwil1979
Bronze

RE: Bios not supported

Jump to solution

Like I said an 8 year old pc. Not a notebook. 

0 Kudos

RE: Inspiron N5110 not supporting Windows 10?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thank you for reaching us. Windows 10 is still in developmental stage, We request you to wait till the official release. Ensure your machine is up to date with Windows updates. We are looking into the message.

Thank you

Dell-Gokul G
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell
Order Status
Download Drivers

RE: Inspiron N5110 not supporting Windows 10?

Jump to solution

The 2011 Inspiron N5110 will not be supported by Dell for Windows 10. In the report box, when you click on the link, "shop for new PCs online", where does it take you?

0 Kudos