Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 9th, 2016 10:00

Win10 anniversary update

Dell has decided to abandon a lot of its customer base with its decision to not support the Win10 Anniversary update (1607). I have an XPS 8300 that is not supported. I suppose the only recourse for those of us who are to be treated this way is to abandon Dell as a supplier. No issue with my HP laptops (with older technology) or with my HP desktop.

Thanks, Dell. It is not exactly what one might expect from a business that is customer-focused.

4 Operator

• 

2.3K Posts

October 11th, 2016 17:00

Dell is fully supporting the Windows 10 Anniversary update on computers that came with Windows 10 or that were upgrade-able to Windows 10.  There are many reasons as to why Dell cannot/will not support Windows 10 on older machines which have been addressed.  It is something you will find on many OEMs.  

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

October 14th, 2016 04:00

All XPS 8300 models are out of warranty so Dell won't support them for a new OS.

The XPS 8300 however runs Windows 10 RS1 without any issues. I've had mine running Windows 10 since the Insider Preview build 10130. Although admittedly I have changed the Broadcom wireless card to an Intel AC-7260.

All drivers are natively inbuilt into Windows 10 (no need for Dell support). The only driver I installed was the newer Intel Management Engine Interface driver direct from Intel.

No Events found!