Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 13th, 2016 19:00

Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop. Unable to access Startup Settings

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  Upgrade went fine and it was working.  

After booting up back up for the first time since the install, I've become stuck in an automatic repair loop. 

I get the "Preparing Automatic Repair", then "Diagnosing your PC" before getting the error "Your PC did not start correctly". 

General advice on this issue is by using the advanced troubleshoot options, I can use Startup Settings to access Safe Mode.  However, when selecting Startup Settings and restarting, the loop continues - no Startup Menu. 

I have tried every option within the advanced options:

- Startup Repair: Couldn't repair your PC

- System Image Recovery and Go back to Previous Build: no image/no previous build

With System Restore, I think I might have found the primary issue.  I get two options for a restart - both critical windows updates and spaced a minute apart. When scanning for affected programs on either restore point I get the error:

"There was an unexpected error: The Configuration Registry Database is corrupt. (0x800703F1)"

If I do try to proceed with the restore, I get the option to restore from the OS (D:) System), but then get the error that the "disk OS (D:) has errors.  Windows has detected file system corruption on OS (D:). You must check the disk for errors before it can be restored." Upon checking for errors Windows tells me no errors were found.

Anyone got any ideas?  If it is a registry issue, how do I access when I can't get in?

• 

17K Posts

November 14th, 2016 08:00

michalephuong,

You can click the link below for information on resolving this error. What is the model of Dell Computer do you have that is giving you this error?

How to fix Configuration Registry Database Is Corrupt 0x800703f1 Error?

No Events found!