Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 22nd, 2017 03:00

Windows 10, Wifi does not work many times

Hello,

I have Dell inspiron touch laptop and it was working well.

Now from 4-6 days, I have been facing wireless connectivity issue.Sometime wireless does not work. It says wireless connected but internet does not work. I have two more laptops in the same wifi and those works really well.

I am using Windows 10. Please help me for this. Thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 24th, 2017 09:00

Reinstall the original Dell WiFi driver. Restart the laptop when done and retest.

17 Posts

April 24th, 2017 11:00

I have a similar issue.  My laptop is set up to dual boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu, and do not have the issue in Ubuntu.  Similarly my android devices connect reliably from the same range.  Rebooting  temporarily "fixes" the problem, so am not even going to entertain the re-install driver solution again.

I did notice in the driver settings there is a "Roaming Aggressiveness" field, which may be significant.  It seems to be working better set to a setting other than the default "medium"..   I wonder whether the experts here can point towards any reference to what this setting controls?  

Also, for the record, everything is set NOT to allow power management to effect WiFi.  

11 Posts

April 24th, 2017 22:00

I reinstalled the driver and does not again :(

Can someone help me with the power options of the WIFI and it could be a problem of power option set incorrectly for the WIFI ? Please guide. Thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 26th, 2017 09:00

atlneppie,
Reinstalling the driver and retesting is always the first step in troubleshooting. The fact that the WiFi card in Ubuntu does not have the issue means that the WiFi hardware is functional.

Both,
This has to be either a driver issue or an operating system issue. Read here and here.

No Events found!