Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 1st, 2016 05:00

auto-rotate screen

Hi!

After an upgrade windows 10 with a major update in 1511 on the tablet venue 11 pro stopped working Auto-rotate screen

Offline microsoft I was sent to the manufacturer
Thanks and waiting for solutions

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 6th, 2016 04:00

Hi,

Thanks you for writing to us!

1-Tap on Start menu and choose Settings.

2-Then go to System.

3-Next tap on Display.

4-Scroll down and make sure that Lock rotation of this display is set to OFF.

Auto rotation lock feature is automatically turned on in Windows 10, so make sure that you turn it off.

In addition you can also try this:

1-Go to Control Panel.

2-Choose Display.

3-Click on Change Display Settings.

4-Make sure that Allow the screen to auto-rotate is checked.

If this doesn’t help, maybe you’re having a hardware issue, so let’s check if your sensors are working properly.

Thanks

Robin

4 Posts

January 6th, 2016 23:00

Good afternoon!

Unfortunately there is no option in the auto-rotation

So I had to do a restore from a wim file Win 8, install updates and run a clean update at win 10

After the upgrade to version 1511 Auto-rotate screen works

Issue has been resolved.

Thanks!

2 Posts

January 14th, 2016 10:00

I have a Dell 13 inspiron Windows 10 (I did do all the Driver updates but still did not resolve the issue, maybe the following plus this did the trick.This is how I got mine to work

This is how I got mine to work

go to

Device Manager (You can get here by pressing the Windows + x key on your keyboard)

Sensors

HID Sensor Collection V2 (disable this device, reboot your computer and then enable this device)

You may need to go turn on Allow the screen to auto-rotate in the Control panel / Display Change Display settings / Allow the screen to auto-rotate

The greyed out option for Auto Rotate Lock in Display settings from right clicking the desktop is still greayed out u=until you actually flip the screen to tent mode

1 Message

March 1st, 2019 09:00

It worked perfectly. Thank you so much!!!!

April 14th, 2019 23:00

I don't have the HID Sensor Collection in my dell inspiron . How can i do it now e-mail

November 13th, 2019 08:00

Well. Did you check the Sensors with HID sensors collection in Device Manager? 

If not,  go and check it. 

See this link.

There is a link to download "Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver " which helps your laptop to auto rotate. I hope it will help you. 

April 1st, 2021 02:00

Hi everyone!

Got the same problem, after the win 10 update the screen stopped auto-rotate!

What shall I do? can anyone help me?

December 22nd, 2022 10:00

Thank you so much for this. I look so many places to try and fix this function. Your directions are simple and easy to follow! It also worked so, thank you again!

No Events found!