Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 18th, 2017 17:00

can't create dual boot on dell laptop

hi to everyone...

i hope that i'm in the right place

I have Dell Inspiron n5110-6982, which I replaced his HDD to SSD, and installed the HDD instead of the CD-ROM

On the main hard disk (SSD) the OS is Windows 10 home 64 bit , as for the other hard disk, i split it and installed Fedora 25, however, i can't boot fedora, or to make primary OS

there is no options in bios menu that i can do in order to unable dual boot, and i'm not finding any options in windows to unable this dual boot

there must be a solution for such issue...

thanks on advance for any help 

532 Posts

February 21st, 2017 12:00

Hi,

Welcome to our community.

Dell does not recommend dual boot. However, let us know the region you are located in, so that we can route you to the software support team who may assist you with the query. The support will be a paid support.

3 Posts

February 21st, 2017 14:00

Thanks.....

But no thanks...

I managed to do it alone after all...

2 Posts

March 2nd, 2017 20:00

Can I ask how you did it? I just got the Aurora R6 and it would be helpful for my job if I can install Opensuse. I've done this with other computers (several) in the past, but am feeling risk-averse when it comes to this box. ;-D

3 Posts

March 10th, 2017 09:00

to be honest... at the moment i had just restore the loader boot windows alone, because I have exams and i can't afford to waste time on playing around,

however if you install the Linux after windows.. you just need to configure the Linux "loader", which called grub/grub2 within the Linux OS.. i think in most cases it should be dealt with by the Linux installation

2 Posts

March 12th, 2017 20:00

Thanks.

August 16th, 2018 03:00

What are you talking about...

It just scared the **bleep** out of me! Until I disabled the security boot option in BIOS setup!!!!!!!!

. I don't need no support!!! I ain't no nobody.B***h I am the cavalry.........

No Events found!