Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 29th, 2013 17:00

Dell Inspiron 15r 5537 sleep-wake problem/Change

Hello,

When ever I wake up my laptop from sleep by opening up the lid then pressing the power button it sometimes restart itself instead on showing the lock screen. I want to if there's a to fix this problem.  I have Windows 8.1. 

25 Posts

November 21st, 2014 08:00

Just tried uninstalling RST with no results... back to Dell's Drivers...

1 Message

December 17th, 2014 13:00

Thanks! I've got a Inspiron 5537 and this (www.dell.com/.../SLN292496) solved the performance, hibernation/sleep AND shutdown problems! 

1 Message

December 31st, 2014 01:00

If I installall of the dell approved drivers, I am getting blue screen of death saying WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR... If I install latest drivers Intel, amd catalyst 14.12 I have sleep recovery problem. What to do?

January 4th, 2015 03:00

Τhis a a decent solution but there are still crashes once in a month. The best solution that is permanent is Apple products.:) For god sake within a few minutes after the purchase, it showed BSOD.

Thanks Dell for the non support.

1 Message

January 12th, 2015 20:00

Yes! Ive tried most of the methods above and THIS one was the one that did it! Finally, my laptop goes into sleep mode and wakes up normally.  (Inspiron 15R)

2 Posts

February 1st, 2015 19:00

This is really stupid, I can only have 1 of 2 results. Either my video card works AS IT SHOULD switchable, but I can't recover from sleep, or I have to use the Dell drivers and have the video card NOT SWITCH PROPERLY.  HOW THE HELL CAN YOU JUSTIFY THIS??? And this is right out of the box, first day booted up the stupid video card that doubled the price of the damn thing doesn't even work? And you haven't patched this yet? I bought a Dell because I had the delusion that you sold quality machines, not broken garbage with no intention to fix it. 

25 Posts

February 2nd, 2015 04:00

Send it back instantly,  don't think about too much... And buy something better......

7 Posts

February 2nd, 2015 06:00

this topic was solved long time ago, you have to uninstall amd and intel drivers and then install both drivers from Dell page. Im very happy with my inspiron 15 because is good for games and office

25 Posts

February 2nd, 2015 06:00

And stay stuck to the 2013 without any chance of having GPU drivers up to date, cause if you dowload the original ones...well you would be at the same point...

Trust me.... Send it back as soon as you can...

7 Posts

February 2nd, 2015 07:00

You are wrong if you are thinking that install new drivers is always the best, because these are unstable versions and there isn't a real new difference

March 17th, 2015 17:00

Man, that was awesome!

I was struggling with this problem, until I saw your post. Worked like a charm!

Thanks a lot.

Hello everybody,

My Dell Inspiron was in trouble everytime it Suspended/Hibernated. Unable to come back without turning off/on again.

I found this link, from Dell Brazil and after following it´s instructions, things run smoothly.

Worth to remember that english speakers can always use Google Translator.

[View:www.dell.com/.../SLN292496]

Hope it helps! Best!

João Mário

4 Posts

April 12th, 2015 07:00

I had the same problem with Windows 8.1 and I've solved it.

Steps I've done:

It's all working fine, I've played games like TDU2 with no problem and I can suspend and resume without problems.

1 Message

April 14th, 2015 07:00

Did anybody tried fresh new drivers?

15.4 Beta    

4/13/2015

?

DELL please react into this thread!

1 Message

November 28th, 2015 05:00

Hi All,

I was having the same issue with Dell Inspiron 5547.

It started to occur immediately when i install Intel G4400 driver.

But that was not the problem causer but Intel Management Engine Interface.

It was updated to version 11.X.

I took latest one from Dell site (9.X) and now everything works - Shut Down, Sleep.

Thanks

1 Message

August 12th, 2017 20:00

I am having this issue with my 15r 5537 after the latest Win10 update this past Spring.

No Events found!