Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 1st, 2016 12:00

Windows 8.1 error message

I keep getting this error message which ends in crash to desktop.  Does anyone know what is causing this to happen.  It occurs in steam games, flight simulator, and many other programs including my anti-malware program, etc. 

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if solution is available."

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 2nd, 2016 03:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

Kindly follow the steps :

Try to run the game in Windows Compatibility mode.

1.     Right click on the program icon you are having issue with and then click on properties.

2.     Click on the compatibility tab.

3.     Under "Compatibility mode", select the check box which reads as "Run the program in compatibility mode for" and in the drop down menu select Windows Vista or XP to run the program in older version of operating system.

4.     Click on Apply and then Ok.

Hope this information helps you.

Thanks

Robin

4 Posts

February 2nd, 2016 19:00

Thank you for the quick reply, unfortunately I tried what you suggested on one of the Steam games that the error message was showing up on but your suggestion did not correct the error.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 8th, 2016 08:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

Since the system is working as manufactured its just issue with the 3rd software( game) we would suggest you to contact game manufacture .

Thanks

Robin

4 Posts

February 8th, 2016 10:00

As I had mentioned, It occurs in all steam games, flight simulator, and many other programs including my anti-malware program, etc.  It never occurred until I starting using Windows 8.1 and every program I mentioned above worked fine so how can it be said the system is working?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 17th, 2018 23:00

I have the same issue with hp laptop that was showing an error on windows 8.1. So, I have made contact with hp customer care for help. They have fixed error successfully and also suggested that to use windows 10. It would be better. So, you should use windows 10. It is good. 

No Events found!