Shadow1776
1 Copper

Windows 8/Dell Latitude D620 display driver

Jump to solution

Can't find a display driver that will work with my Dell Latitude D620 and Windows 8 Pro. Just upgraded to Windows 8 but it won't let me change screen resolution from 1024x768, I used to be able to in Windows 7 and even Windows Release Preview. Went into device manager and saw a little yellow exclamation mark next to video drivers. Tried to install drivers from previous OS but it says that they are incompatible with Windows 8. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Windows 8/Dell Latitude D620 display driver

Jump to solution

Hi Shadow1776,

Hardware updates are also available through the Windows update, I’d suggest that you run the Windows update on your system to check if the necessary video card driver gets updated or check for the Video card updates from the manufacturer’s site

Please let me know if this helps.

16 Replies
Highlighted
erupe
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same problem. tried installing a bunch of different divers from nvidia, none of them will install.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Shadow1776,

Hardware updates are also available through the Windows update, I’d suggest that you run the Windows update on your system to check if the necessary video card driver gets updated or check for the Video card updates from the manufacturer’s site

Shadow1776
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Checked Windows update and manufacturer site. Nothing that has worked so far.

0 Kudos
Shadow1776
1 Copper

Jump to solution

UPDATE: Found the right drivers! Thanks for the help.

downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx

0 Kudos
GTI1
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I can't find a driver that installs for Win8 Pro 32bit. The onboard card in my D620 is a NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M. Tried the usual places - winupdates, nvidia and dell.  Screen resolution is at 1024x768 with the basic microsoft driver and I prefer to use it at native.  If anyone has a solution post it here.

0 Kudos
erupe
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I got mine to go up to 1280x1024 but still won't go up to the native 1440x900 or 1920x1080 when hooked up to a monitor.  the link for the driver posted by Shadow doesn't work for my computer, says it's incompatible. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

GTI,

Officially NVidia have not released any Windows 8 driver for NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M.

I have checked out in a different forum wherein customer was able to install the driver for NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M.Please refer to the link given below.

http://www.eightforums.com/hardware-drivers/3086-nvidia-quadro-nvs-110m.html

erupe,

I’d like to know the video card installed on your computer. Also I’d advise that you run the windows update to check for issue resolution. 

0 Kudos
Alanmies
1 Copper

Jump to solution
These drivers (http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails?driverId=R160485) works with my Dell 620 and Windows 8 as well :)
Took ca. 10 hours to find the solution :)

M

0 Kudos
GTI1
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks Alanmies!

Those drivers worked. I now have 1280x800. The max res for external seems to 1680x1050 but I need 1920 x1080. I guess this will have to do for now until someone releases something better.

0 Kudos