Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 3rd, 2012 18:00

Adobe Flash won't install on my Dell 2400 XP-SP3

Adobe Flash won't install on my Dell 2400 XP-SP3.  I have tried 8 times from Adobe site, uninstalled rebooted, reinstalled, got the screen Installation Complete, but it doesn't appear.  Time and time again... In Control Panel (Add/Remove Programs) it will appear but without a program size to the right like all others.  I delete it from Control Panel and with the Uninstaller and also delete all files from Macromed and have followed the Adobe instructions numerous times.... You-Tube says install the latest Flash player .... but it won't go.  I've tried for a week and asked on th Adobe Forum, they only send the standard instructions ....  Can someone help?

1.1K Posts

December 4th, 2012 01:00

Hi djmjdj,

Please follow these steps to upgrade to the most recent version of Adobe's Flash Player:

1. Before installing Adobe Flash, you will need to first uninstall any older versions you currently have running on your computer. To do so, download Adobe's official uninstaller here. Make sure to select your correct operating system, and then "Uninstall Flash."
  2. Now that you've uninstalled the older version of Flash, follow Adobe's instructionsfor reinstalling the most recent version. The download option is on the right-hand side of the page.
  3. Once you've downloaded the file, please exit your browser first, and then install the upgraded version of Flash to you're computer.
  4. Finally, open your browser again and go to YouTube. You should now be able so successfully watch videos!

If the instructions above don't resolve the issue, please also try the following:

1. Temporarily disable popup blocking software installed on your computer to test.
  2. Allow YouTube.com as a trusted site in your Firewall software.
  3. Ensure other applications like Quicktime, iTunes, Real Player, or Windows Media Player aren't set as the default streaming application, as this might affect the video player.
  4. Make sure your computer is set up properly for Flash by checking out Adobe's Advanced Troubleshooter here.

You may also refer to the link: http://bit.ly/Ic7s0U

Keep me posted. Please reply for any further questions.

No Events found!