Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 24th, 2009 00:00

Can anyone help with creating slipstream from Dell OEM sp1 disk to sp3

Hi,

I would like to create a slipstream disk from a Dell Created OEM Sp1.  I would like to include SP2 and SP3, but not include IE8.  I have never done this before, but need to make one. I found a program called autostreamer, but was hoping someone could walk me thru it. 

Also, this may be a dumb question, but my mom, my uncle and my friend all have the same computers with the SP1.  My mom's disk is one that  didn't have to be copied, it came with her computer. Can I create a slipstream disk that can be used for all the 3 dells, or do they have to be made for each one iindependently?

Thanks in advance!

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

July 24th, 2009 05:00

See THIS that I found doing a google search for "slipstream xp"   It's for slipstreaming SP2 but I would assume you would do the same procedure for SP3, probably after you make an SP2 disk. 

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

July 24th, 2009 10:00

Use nlite.

Note this will only work for XP Professional or XP Home. The following instructions will not work for XP Home.

Insert your XP Disc into your computer. Open up my computer explore it, copy all the contents of the cd into a folder on your desktop, for example call it xp.

Download the service pack 2 and service pack 3 standalone versions and save in the desktop but not in the xp folder.

Open nlite, select your xp installation, i.e. your xp folder on the desktop, select service pack slipstream select the sp2, let it slipstream and then shut down nlite and open it up again repeat for the sp3.

Note may tweak etc. (Would not recommend removing components). May also slipstream the Royale Noir etc under themes. All sorts of options to play about with, unattended setup (should have the Dell XP COA already input there).

Once thats done select create a bootable iso.

Use a program like Roxio to burn it to a blank CD, use the CD you have created to install windows with XP SP3.

No Events found!