Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 19th, 2016 18:00

Cannot restore to factory settings.

Hi, I have a DELL XPS All in One 2710, bought 17/01/2013, OS Windows 8. It will not upgrade to Windows 10 and stopped connecting with the router/internet. Decided to format it back to factory settings. Tried F8 and CTRL F11 and it didn't work. Tried to go through Windows .. Recovery & Restore ... it goes to 'Inistialise Backup and Migration ... then stops ... any ideas would be great because I have tried everything to restore to factory settings.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 21st, 2016 03:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

If you have updated the system to windows 10 and its withing 30days then you can try the windows 10 rollback ,however if it is more than 30 days then you will have use a windows media to restore the system.

Kindly provide the service tag and email .

Thanks

Robin

3 Posts

September 21st, 2016 10:00

Service Tag

Hi Robin, Thank you for replying! The DELL XPS 2710 would not upgrade to windows 10. It stopped connecting to the router/internet. I am trying to restore to factory settings, but getting blue screen error messages ("pc ran into a problem and needs to restart .. " after DELL LOGO) and the computer continuously restarts. I ran an ePSA Pre-boot System Assessment ... no problems.

I wish Dell had sent a Windows 8 OS disc with this machine as it might fix the problem. I did make a USB Recovery for it, but pc is not reading it.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 22nd, 2016 10:00

Hi,

This is an issue with the operating system which is corrupt . Clean install of the operating system to fix the issues.

Kindly private message the service tag and email address ,avoid putting up sensitive information on public messages.

thanks

Robin

No Events found!