Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 13th, 2011 13:00

Dell Backup and Recovery Manager

I have recently bought Dell Vostro 3550( Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit).

I want to create a backup image of my system(Operating system + Drivers), so that, in future, if something goes wrong with operating system , I'll be able to restore all the Windows and drivers using the backup image file.

There are 2 options,  in "Dell Backup and Recovery Manager" software for doing this.

1. Backup System.
  2. Dell Recovery Tools.

Which option should I use?

What is the difference between those two options?

Thank you, for any help.

• 

17K Posts

October 14th, 2011 08:00

Prabhakar.Bikkanati,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

It is best to backup files. If you have the Windows disk and other programs then all you will need to backup are your files, pics, music etc..Therre is no need to backup windows and programs

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

October 14th, 2011 09:00

Hello Jesse,

I am interested in creating a back-up image of the installed system(Operating system+drivers).

By doing this, I want to avoid the head-ache of installing the operating system and drivers separately.

I don't want to include my personal files(images,documents etc) in the back-up.

How can I do this?

Thank you.

Have you got a program called Dell data Safe, use that to make a backup of your OS, if not, download from HERE.

October 14th, 2011 09:00

Hello Jesse,

I am interested in creating a back-up image of the installed system(Operating system+drivers).

By doing this, I want to avoid the head-ache of installing the operating system and drivers separately.

I don't want to include my personal files(images,documents etc) in the back-up.

How can I do this?

Thank you.

No Events found!