Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 28th, 2012 14:00

Dell Stage shows My Documents, My Pictures, My Music etc. But My Libraries is Empty!

This is a brand new computer with Windows 7 Home Premium and Dell Stage.

C:\users\name\ has My Documents, My Pictures, My Music, etc. and when I try to add these to the Library it says they are ALREADY in the Library.

But Libraries looks empty, these folders are not in the Libraries.

Furthermore, if I click Make New Library, My Documents appears inside the Libraries folder, and inside it is another My Documents (Double My Documents).  If I delete the lower My Documents, they both disappear.

If I click Restore Default Libraries, nothing happens.

I use several other computers with Windows 7, no Dell Stage, and the Libraries work wonderfully and usefully and normally.

Dell Stage shows My Documents, Pictures, Music.  Did Dell Stage interfere with my Libraries?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 29th, 2012 05:00

Hi  avrohom,

The ‘My Documents’, ‘My Pictures’ and ‘My Music’ folders are definitely present on your system. The reason they are not seen is probably because they may be hidden.

Please follow the steps mentioned below to resolve your issue.

1. Open the Libraries folder.
  2. Click the down arrow next to "Organize"
  3. Select Folder and Search Options
  4. Select the View tab
  5. About nine lines from the top you should see an option that says "Show hidden files, folder, or drives. Select that by placing a dot in the radio button and click OK.
  6. When you are prompted, choose to apply changes to this folder, subfolder and files.
  7. You should be able to now see all the files.

Please let me know if this helps.

2 Posts

August 29th, 2012 09:00

Thanks for your prompt reply.  

Actually, right after I submitted my question above, we shut down the laptop, but before it turned off it preformed several OS updates.  The next time we started the computer, the Libraries were all there! (So the problem is now fixed.)

But thanks for your response nevertheless.

September 17th, 2012 12:00

I am having the same issues with my new Dell, but do not have an "Organize" tab, so I cannot follow the rest of the directions. Is there another strategy for fixing this problem? Or am I missing it somewhere? Thanks!

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 21st, 2012 02:00

Hi singintherain1985,

The ‘My Documents’, ‘My Pictures’ and ‘My Music’ folders are definitely present on your system. The reason they are not seen is probably because they may be hidden.

Please follow the steps mentioned below to resolve your issue.

1. Click on the Start button . In the search box, type ‘Folder options’, and then, in the list of results, click ‘Folder options’.
  2. Select the View tab
  3. About nine lines from the top you should see an option that says "Show hidden files, folder, or drives. Select that by placing a dot in the radio button and click OK.
  4. When you are prompted, choose to apply changes to this folder, subfolder and files.
  5. You should be able to now see all the files.

Please let me know if this helps.

No Events found!