Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 5th, 2005 23:00

Downloading

Why can`t i download iTunes to my computer?:smileysad:

2.9K Posts

December 6th, 2005 00:00

French121,

Go to Apple.com website. Upgrade your Quicktime Player to version 7. iTunes should download and install if you so indicate.  I recommend downloading to a folder and then install iTunes from that folder.  Have had problems running install on line.  That's how I got it working on my Dell with XP Home SP2. Graphic equalizer is mucho better than WMP10.

Tony

Message Edited by tgsmith on 12-05-2005 09:05 PM

Message Edited by tgsmith on 12-05-2005 09:06 PM

4 Posts

December 6th, 2005 08:00

i can download iTunes, it`s even on desktop, but can`t open it. when i open it an error message comes up . why can`t i open it? what is activex and where can i find it on my computer?

thanks for your help:smileyhappy:

2.9K Posts

December 6th, 2005 10:00

French121 ActiveX

ActiveX is "A set of technologies that allows software components to interact with one another in a networked environment, regardless of the language in which the components were created."

Usually, Activex control and scripting errors occur when security levels for a particular network environment; i.e., Internet or intranet, are set too high. In your Internet Explorer, click on Tools|Internet Options. Click on Security tab. Select Internet Zone.  Click on Customize. Check that ActiveX settings are either set to enabled or to prompt you. Resetting to Default level should get iTunes working. When you reset your Internet Zone to Default, you should for example, come back to post your reply. When you go to submit your post, you should get the little warning box about others seeing what you are attempting to send over the Internet. That is an ActiveX example. You can also add software-specific sites; i.e, www.apple.com/itunes  to your Trusted Sites Zone.

Firewalls, user permissions, and other types of security settings can also cause ActiveX errors. Would help us if we knew the specific ActiveX error you are receiving.

Tony

Message Edited by tgsmith on 12-06-2005 07:37 AM

No Events found!