Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2007 19:00

Embassy Trust Suite failing to load on cleanly installed D630 running Windows XP?

I have just received two new D630's, and have wiped them clean and reinstalled them to meet our corporate base OS image.  However, unlike the past 20+ D630's that we've received, both of these units are giving me an error message of "The application could not launch", when the Embassy Setup Wizard attempts to launch.  I have tried wiping and redoing both laptops and I get the exact same error, so it's definitely something I can duplicate.

When I look in the Event Log on the server, I get the error message "Unable to determine TPM Security Chip state" so it's apparent that the app isn't able to communicate with the TPM chip.  I the BIOS, both TPM Security is ON and TPM Activation is set to "Activated", so as far as the BIOS is aware, the chip is enabled and working.

I have also run an Extended Test run from a Dell diagnostics CD, and all tests came back clean.

Each laptop was installed from a completely clean hard drive, and all the installers for drivers and apps were taken directly from the Dell support website, as I've done countless times before and never had these issues with the Embassy Suite. 

Any ideas what is happening?

1 Message

December 25th, 2007 14:00

Hi hamdodger,

have you managed to resolve the issue? I have the same problem after reinstalling the Embassy Trust Suite on my D630. The software worked before but I reinstalled it beacause the biometric mode for Windows Login didn't work.

Thank you.

1 Message

January 5th, 2008 18:00

I also have the exact same issue and have not found a solution.  Have you gotten the Embassy Trust Suite to run?

27 Posts

January 5th, 2008 18:00

The "fix" that I've discovered, although it shouldn't be this way, is right after installing the base Windows OS, install the Dell Notebook System Software download first, then the Intel Chipset Software, and then the Embassy Trust Suite.   You can then proceed to install the rest of the Dd630 drivers/app updates/Windows Updates and all works as expected. 
No Events found!