Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 28th, 2008 18:00

Emergency: CD of Vista and MS Office Reinstallation

Q1: I'm going to buy Inspiron 1525 with Vista home premium and MS home and student 2007. Will Dell send me those 2 CDs for reinstallation? Does Imitation of MS office 2000 or MS office XP work on Vista?

Q2: Also, it doesn't show what I/O ports I'm going to get on component list. However, I found the follwoing I/O ports at Tech Specs section:

USB2.0 (4); Integrated 10/100 LAN and 56K Modem; IEEe1394a;8-in-1 MCR;VGA output;HDMI video output;Integrated dual digital mics;Dual headphone jacks;Microphone jack

Does that mean the laptop will have them all no matter which Inspiron 1525 I choose?

Q3: If my laptop has problems with hardware like screen or harddrive and I need to send it back to DELL, are they going to pay me back for the shipping fee and how can I get the money back from DELL? Does 1 year return to depot service and technical support cover all shipping and fixing fees?

Thanks,

49 Posts

April 29th, 2008 14:00

Q1 at least: Office 2003 is the earliest version listed as running with Vista. Your two choices are unsupported.

14.4K Posts

April 29th, 2008 17:00

Q1. You should get a copy of all that if it is installed on your system

Q2. I would be strongly in support of a yes. if that is what is listed on your configuration proflile

Q3. As to the warrenty work that will be free for the terms of your selected warrenty period. I believe you are responsible for the shipping charges back to the repair center. All others will be on Dell

No Events found!