Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 8th, 2008 12:00

Error message: This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found.

Hi All

The above message appears when I initially start up the pc and when I open a new internet explorer tab.

I am using Wondows XP home edition version 5.1  sp3 with internet explorer 7.

I'm ok but not too advanced on these things so may need step by step instructions. 

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

December 8th, 2008 13:00

Hi MRennie, Found this hope it helps HERE, or HERE.

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

December 8th, 2008 14:00

Hi MRennie, That looks like a piece of Malware, SEE HERE. I would take that over to the Malware section of the forum HERE.

3 Posts

December 8th, 2008 14:00

Hi Thanks for trying to help. I managed to download the file but the message still reappears. It also wanted me to download a scanner but I didn't do this. HAve you any other ideas?

When the message appears the title of the caption box says KWTBAIM.exe Does this mean anything?

3 Posts

December 9th, 2008 06:00

Hi All

I have done a full scan using McAfee security centre full scan and this found nothing. I would really like to resolve this without paying for extra malware etc. I am greatful for any further advise you can give.

3 Apprentice

• 

2.6K Posts

December 9th, 2008 08:00

MRennie:  The link Robin posted (and other Google info) implicates the Kiwee Toolbar, which at some point you may have installed as an add-on to instant messenger software.  It sounds like it's trying to run at startup and failing.   See if you have any entries for Kiwee Toolbar in Add/Remove programs and try to uninstall it.

If you're unable to get rid of it, there are a few things to try on your own, but the Malware Removal experts here that Robin suggested may be a good idea.   They will not make you pay for anything. :) .

No Events found!