Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 5th, 2012 17:00

How do I fix malfunctioning ntdll.dll and kernelbase.dll files?

After installing a 3rd party vcard converter, 4Team vCard Wizard, Outlook began crashing on every attempt to convert contacts to vcards. The error message that popped up was:  

“Microsoft Outlook: Accepted Safe Mode action : Outlook experienced a serious problem with the '4team vcard wizard' add-in. If you have seen this message multiple times, you should disable this add-in and check to see if an update is available. Do you want to disable this add-in?

I contacted 4Team support and after trouble shooting the problem I was informed the tech that:

“Your system is in serious trouble; ntdll.dll and kernelbase.dll are one of the main system files in your Windows system and both are crashing.”

What can I do, short of reinstalling Win7,  to replace/repair these two files and resolve this problem?

Inspiron 15 (N5010) Win7 64-bit/Office 2010

Thanks -- Peter

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 6th, 2012 03:00

Think about this, you PC apparently worked until you installed the Vcard converter and now it does not work.  What does that tell you?  Either the vcard converter is corrupt or it corrupted your PC.  Also consider, your OS does not have to be compatibile with 3rd party hardware/software, the 3rd party hardware/software must be compatible with the OS.  It sounds like the vcard vendor is "pointing the finger" and saying "its not my problem" and then the customer is left holding the bag trying to find out what is really wrong.  

My suggestion would be to uninstall the vcard converter software and see if works OK again.  If not, after uninstalling, use the System Restore function and restore it to a date PRIOR to first installing the vcard.  If it works OK, the problem is in the vcard converter.  There are different vcard converter software companies, try a different vendor.

21 Posts

March 10th, 2012 21:00

Hi Fireberd,

Thanks for your response.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times without success. Wound up eventually removing from my PC and Restored. I'm getting a refund from the vender.

I'm not sure as to how to test to see if the two files in question are malfunctioning though. Have not experience any crashing of Outlook or IE. The default ability to create individual vCards from Outlook contacts works though.

Thanks again for you info.

Peter

No Events found!