Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 1st, 2009 14:00

How to fix 1152:Extracting error

Hi,

I have E1505 Laptop, with vista Home Premium.  I tried to install a software from GoWearFit.  When I clicked "Run", I came out the message window:

1152 Error Extracting, c:\users\fish\appdata\local\temp\{7A4A57A[Softwear.msi to the temporary location

Could anyone help me? I had Perfect Optimizer.  I ran it trying to get rid of any bad registry.  But it still did not work. 

Before I download and ran the software, I did plug in device, trying to charge the batter.  As soon as I plugged in, computer started to look for driver.  Will it be the problem?  If so, how do I fix it?

Thank you very much.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

April 1st, 2009 17:00

First, is the software Vista compatible?  Second, ONLY plug in the device AFTER the vendors software and drivers are installed.  If you connect the device first either Windows (Vista) will install incorrect drivers or not find any drivers. 

Use the System Restore and restore the PC back to a date PRIOR to first attaching the device.  That will get rid of any issues with plugging it in first.  Then check with the device vendor for any updated software and to verify that the software is Vista compatible, the vendor may already have a fix for the installation problem.

System Restore can be accessed from Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools.  System restore will not delete any user data or e-mails.

No Events found!