Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 19th, 2013 17:00

IS THERE AN EXPERT HERE THAT CAN HELP ME? :(

I'll try to tell you every detail. I have a dell inspiron e1505 that I treat very well, I'm no expert in laptops, Yesterday my laptop was working just fine like always, today when i turned it , 2 minutes passed and it got paralyzed, no reason so i pressed the on/off button to turn it off, i turned it on again and it came a black page with a couple of things and it recommended me to launch a startup setting or something like that so i did (it was recommended) and it said it didn't detect any problem and i couldn't do anything so i had to turn it off again! i turned it on and it was checking DISK C for some reason so i let it be. and when it finally loaded like to the main page, i opened google but i didn't have internet. which was weird to me because the other 2 laptops were working fine except mine. where the 5 signal lines appear there was a yellow thing and i put arrow thing and it said "NO CONNECTED, CONNECTIONS AVAILABLE"

i didn't download anything, i didn't disconnect or uninstall, let it drop. or poured coffee on it, i just don't get it. i restart the computer again and nothing, i told my dad because he knows a lot about this and i'm here, he is trying to help but i need my laptop pretty bad,, i'm using another one obviously. he told me to uninstall something from the device manager "atheros and a bunch of numbers" and to download it again but it didn't work. this is what appears when i click on troubleshooting:
there might be a problem with the driver for the wireless network connection adapter

there might be problems with the driver for the local area connection adapter

TRY THESE REPAIRS AS AN ADMINISTRATOR CONTINUE WITH OTHER REMAINING REPAIRS

i did disconnect it  and put the password again and nothing. i really don't wanna lose all my pictures and videos, documents :(
please reply :)

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 19th, 2013 17:00

Hi boricua23,

I’d suggest that you update the wireless card driver as it seems to be corrupted on your computer.

Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the operating system, then download the wireless card driver from Network section on the system and then install it

http://dell.to/ZaQuel

In addition, I would suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

1. Turn on or restart the computer.
  2. Immediately at the Dell logo screen, starting tapping the key once a second until the One Time Boot menu appears (if the computer boots to Windows turn the computer off and try again).
  3. At the One Time Boot menu, press the arrow key to highlight Diagnostics, PSA+ or Enter ePSA, then press to begin the hardware Diagnostics.
  4. Write down any error codes listed. Reply to us with the error codes.

Please let me know if this helps.

10 Posts

June 19th, 2013 20:00

which one from the list? :) i mean, install which one from the network list? only one?

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

June 20th, 2013 08:00

Try SFC /SCANNOW from an administrator prompt. That will fix corrupted systems files.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

June 20th, 2013 08:00

Your documents, pictures, etc. are just fine - Windows is just broken.  If you haven't been keeping a backup of your important files, then purchase an adapter like the following and copy the important data off the drive for safe keeping.

www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

June 21st, 2013 06:00

Is this running Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8?

10 Posts

June 22nd, 2013 08:00

which one from the list? from the network list?

10 Posts

June 22nd, 2013 08:00

windows xp

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

June 22nd, 2013 11:00

Follow the instructions on the bottom of page 276 - the top of 278 in this pdf.

http://philipyip.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/windows-reinstallation-guide-15-06-20132.pdf

I can then look up the correct hardware ID and advise you a driver to install.

10 Posts

xp

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

Windows XP or Windows 7?

Follow Windows Reinstallation Guide/A Clean Install of Windows XP Step 12 or A Clean Install of Windows 7 Step 12:

http://philipyip.wordpress.com/dell-community-forums/

Provide the hardware ID and we can then advise.

10 Posts

June 23rd, 2013 08:00

My dad gave me this laptop for school, it says WINDOWS IS NOT GENUINE

i can't spend money on it right now for that

like i said

dell inspiron e1505  on the right lower corner there is a small sign that says "designed for windows xp, windows vista capable

this is what appears except it says limited access it does not say  "connected"

h30434.www3.hp.com/.../original

all i can gather is this:

processor: genuine intel(R) cpu T2050 @ 1.60GHz 1.60 GHz

INSTALLED MEMORY (RAM) 2.00 GB

SYSTEM TYPE- 32-BIT OPERATING SYSTEM

PEN AND TOUCH: NO PEN AND TOUCH INPUT IS AVAILABLE FOR DISPLAY

WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE

SERVICE PACK 1

WHEN I GO TO DEVICE MANAGER , GO TO NETWORK ADAPTER AND I OPEN IT, 2 THINGS APPEAR

ATHEROS AR5008X WIRELESS NETWORK ADAPTER

BROADCOM 440X 10/100 INTEGRATED CONTROLLER

I USE AVAST ANTIVIRUS

I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY, WHAT SHOULD I DOWNLOAD  TO FIX THIS?

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

June 23rd, 2013 09:00

Right click the Atheros AR5008x Wireless Network Adapter and confirm the hardware IDs as instructed above.

The Broadcom 440x 10/100 integrated controller is the Ethernet and will work with the driver provided as part of Windows 7.

The Inspiron 6400/E1505 should not have an Atheros adapter. It should be supplied with either an Intel or Dell Wireless (Broadcom) card. Dell might have shipped some of these with an Atheros adapter, however this is very unlikely as they have not listed any driver for it on the Drivers and Downloads page for the Inspiron E1505/6400. It is more likely that someone or some third party has replaced the original wireless card at some point.

For the rest of the drivers you should use the following here:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/w/microsoft_os/4526.inspiron-6400-windows-7-32-bit.aspx

For the wireless neither Variant A or Variant B apply to the Atheros adapter. You have to get it from elsewhere. As mentioned above I don't think Dell sell this adapter with their systems so you can use the unofficial Czech download site here:

http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=27&system=3

Once you have downloaded the driver you will need to right click the Atheros adapter in the device manager and select update and navigate to the folder where you downloaded the driver.

10 Posts

June 23rd, 2013 17:00

i went to check the hardware ID and this is what appears

PCI/VEN_168C&DEV_0024&SUBSYS_0087106B&REV_01

PCI/VEN_168C&DEV_0024&SUBSYS_0087106B

PCI/VEN_168C&DEV_0024&CC_028000

PCI/VEN_168C&DEV_0024&CC_0280

WHAT NOW? :)

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

June 24th, 2013 12:00

Okay we will get the driver from Microsoft.

Go to Microsoft Update Catalogue, search for PCI/VEN_168C&DEV_0024 and then select Add to Basket

You want the latest Windows 7 32 bit driver which is the one on 10/05/5009 1.3 MB in size (the 1.4 MB one is the 64 bit one).

Once added to basket select view basket top left. Note this is free although it says basket you will not be charged. 

Download and save to a USB stick. Next insert the USB stick into your Inspiron E1505/6400 and go to the Device Mange, right click the Atheros Device and select update driver, navigate to the driver on your USB stick and update it. Hopefully you should now be able to connect to the internet.

10 Posts

June 26th, 2013 18:00

I couldn't do it from google chrome so i opened internet explorer

i did find it there, add it to the basket and "download" but this is all that appears

catalog.update.microsoft.com/.../DownloadInformation.aspx

nothing else, i can't click on anything, such bad luck i have

and i went to microsoft download center and the page where the thing i need to download doesn't appear

something completely different appears  www.microsoft.com/.../default.aspx

does it download in under a minute? half an hour? :)

No Events found!