Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 7th, 2009 10:00

Laptop Death

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

I was playing on farmville on facebook, then suddenly firefox crashed. I tried to close firefox but that seemed to make matters worse I let it do its own thing for awhile but thata didn’t work.  So I held down the power button to turn it off then went to school and took my laptop with me. After more or less spending a lesson trying to fix the laptop it still didn’t work. This carried on for a couple of days at the weekend I used the bootup disk which I had be avoiding. It worked for awhile and it needed to update over night so I let it do that. However when I came down in the morning it was broken again. I have no idea how to fix this and after seeing every error in the world coming up i have had enough and here is the best bit! my dell warranty ended today. How do I fix it? And should I send it to PC world or anything like that?

Please help!

• 

17K Posts

October 8th, 2009 07:00

Eljack0,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Which Dell Laptop do you have? What are the error messages that you are getting from the computer?

3 Posts

January 26th, 2015 11:00

I have the exact same problem, my laptops fan runs and the power light turns on but then after 3 seconds it's completely dead. Before this happened I had messages coming up on my laptop saying I had an hdd error and so I decided to look into it and tried fixing it. I assume I made it worst because then this happened. Could you please help and give me some advice on what to do? Thank you

3 Posts

January 26th, 2015 11:00

Oh and I have a Latitude E6400 

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 26th, 2015 14:00

Reboot, F12, Run Dell Diagnostics , do extended test of the hard drive

If this is not possible, your hard drive has failed

3 Posts

January 26th, 2015 17:00

So should I buy a new hard drive? Or is the ("damaged") hard drive fixable?

Thanks!,

Genesis

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 27th, 2015 07:00

Failed/failing hard drives are not fixable.

No Events found!