Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 30th, 2005 00:00

Loading Quickbooks

I am trying to load Quickbooks 2004 on my new Dell Dimension 3000. I am getting a message that says the operating system denied access to the specified file - qbooks\setup.exe. I have no idea what is wrong. Hopefully, someone out there does.

9 Posts

October 6th, 2005 17:00

I cannot install Intuit QuickBooks on my new Dell system either! The vendor thinks there is an incompatibility with the purchased software and the Deii installed QuickBooks Simple Start Edition Trial version.

In other words, DELL has programed it so that you have to go through them to buy QuickBooks!!!

We have tried deleting all the pre-loaded QuickBooks files that came on the Dell and STILL, QuickBooks will not install.

I tried to contact Dell Technical Support...... GUESS WHAT? They will be happy to "solve" the problem. If I buy a "plan".... $99 for a single issue technical support resolution or (Best Deal) Buy a $239 "plan" which lasts a year.... 

Can you say: "BLACKMAIL"

And you only have to hold on the phone for 55 minutes to speak to a person in the Technical Services Department, what a deal, that Dell is...............

No Events found!