Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 21st, 2004 16:00

.NET Framework Initialization Error

Yesterday, Tuesday, Sep. 20, 2004, I ran Windows Update and performed the following updates:

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (KB867801)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3, English Version
Update for Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (KB883357)
Microsoft GDI+ Detection Tool (KB873374)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB833987)

All of the updates performed "error free". I then downloaded and installed a "Free" Diablo II DataBase Program (D2Data.exe), an "error free" installation, also.

When I try to run the "D2Data.exe" (which, by the way, requires MS's .NET Framework to run), windows responds with a Pop-up Window entitled, ".NET Framework Initialization Error". The Pop-up Window contains the following message:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll could not be loaded.

For your information, my system consists of the following:

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP1
Dell Dimension 8200 Series, Pentium 4 Processor at 2.0 Ghz
200 Gigabyte Hard Drive
250 Megabyte Iomega Zip Internal Drive
24x/10x/40x CD-RW Drive
48x CD-ROM Drive
4x Sony DRX510UL DVD-RW Drive(USB 2.0)
256 Megabyte PC800 RDRAM
64 Megabyte GeForce4 MX Graphics Card with TV-Out
SB Live! 1024 Digital Sound Card

I tried running the program with all other programs turned off (including all of the ones denoted by icons in the systray). No luck there. I thought that maybe there was a problem with my "Default" browser which is Mozilla v1.7.1. I changed it to Internet Explorer v6.0. No luck there either. I would like to get this problem resolved if possible and would appreciate any and all assistance. Thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.5K Posts

September 23rd, 2004 13:00

jlwilkey,

Welcome to the Dell Community Forum (DCF).
Remove the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3 update. It's possible that D2Data.exe was written before the update.

9 Posts

September 23rd, 2004 16:00

Actually, since I left the message, I have found out what the problem really is. The author of the program I was trying to run, wrote it for v1.1 of the .NET Framework. Upon contacting him, he advised me to go back to Windows Update and download the .NET Framework v1.1. I did that and "Lo and Behold" I can run the "D2Data.exe" program.

Unfortunately, for me, when I upgraded to "v1.1", I lost my Autologon to Windows XP. To correct this problem, I had to go back to Windows Update and download and install the ".NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1". Once I did that, I could both Autologon and run the D2Data.exe program on my PC. Thanks for your help. Bye.
No Events found!