Teresa M.L.
1 Copper

RE: Need drivers for Dell Latitude E6520 "Broadcom USH" & "Mass Storage Controller" Windows 7 64 Bit

Jump to solution

I am helping someone with  a Latitude 6530 (mid 2012 model), cant get some drivers to load.  when i did a search it said to do drivers in a certain order, but the list of drivers is NOT the same as the list provided (i am assuming it was a slightly different model).

help i have tried to install windows 4 times, it installs but drivers are not loading, and i have tried all the ones listed that i know what they are.  installing in a certain sequence, to a degree, i can see but this list i found was ridiculous.

it is Windows 7 pro, any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Teresa 

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
6 Indium

RE: Need drivers for Dell Latitude E6520 "Broadcom USH" & "Mass Storage Controller" Windows 7 64 Bit

Jump to solution

I am helping someone with  a Latitude 6530 (mid 2012 model), cant get some drivers to load.  when i did a search it said to do drivers in a certain order, but the list of drivers is NOT the same as the list provided (i am assuming it was a slightly different model).

help i have tried to install windows 4 times, it installs but drivers are not loading, and i have tried all the ones listed that i know what they are.  installing in a certain sequence, to a degree, i can see but this list i found was ridiculous.

it is Windows 7 pro, any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Teresa 

Provide the hardware IDs in particular for the video controllers and network adapters where the system has variants:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/downloading-drivers-checking-hardware-ids-and-downloading-...

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
PCMerlin
1 Copper

Jump to solution

As Dell seems to constantly move and rename their drivers for some insane reason, I thought that I would share what worked for me and my Dell E6520 after trying every other suggestion unsuccessfully.

The file I needed was under the Security section and was named:

Dell ControlVault Windows Biometric Framework Integrated Driver

This was as of 11 Feb 2015, with a last updated stamp of 05 Mar 2014. If it is updated again at some point, expect the name and possibly the location to change... again.

0 Kudos
bubba5561
1 Copper

Jump to solution

thank you! Why on God's green earth wouldn't Dell put this software in its rightful place. it took a long time to find someone with the right drivers.

0 Kudos