Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2004 21:00

PCHealth folder

Running XP Home on a Dimension 4500.  In the Windows folder there's a folder named PCHealth.  Any idea what that's for?  If it's for something like remote diagnostics, which I don't need or want, can I make it go away?

There's another folder in Windows there named 'DellPCH'...  Any idea on that one, and can I make it go away?

And lastly, a folder named 'minidump' with three .dmp files!  What are those, and do I need them?

Thanks,  Bob

2 Intern

• 

496 Posts

August 24th, 2004 01:00

@Bob11 wrote:

Running XP Home on a Dimension 4500.  In the Windows folder there's a folder named PCHealth.  Any idea what that's for?  If it's for something like remote diagnostics, which I don't need or want, can I make it go away?

There's another folder in Windows there named 'DellPCH'...  Any idea on that one, and can I make it go away?

And lastly, a folder named 'minidump' with three .dmp files!  What are those, and do I need them?

Thanks,  Bob

Hello,

The PCHEALTH folder contains all the files required to make the Windows XP Help & Support Center run.  Don't delete your PCHEALTH folder.  I'm not sure about your other questions.

INTERNET2000

1.6K Posts

August 24th, 2004 18:00

Thanks!

2 Intern

• 

4.4K Posts

August 24th, 2004 21:00

On my system, the Dellpch folder only contains a copy of the DPCH.xml file that sets some of the text and links on the Dell overlay in Help and Support. You can view it in IE (or Notepad, for that matter). The active copy is in C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\System_OEM\XMLs. Probably if you deleted the Dellpch folder nothing much would break, but (on my system at least) it's only 3kb, and I would leave it alone.
No Events found!