Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

April 18th, 2005 20:00

Question regarding loading Intel Chipset Driver after Clean Windows XP Install

Greetings:

I just finished a clean install of Windows XP and SP2.  I used the Intel Chipset Utility program on the Dell download site in case it has been upgraded compared to the one on my original Dell CD.  After the utility program has successfully installed, do I need to do anything further??  I read through the readme.txt on the utility software which made me think there might be something more I need to do.

Thank you.

88 Posts

Hi Rickmktg:

Yes, I realize I have to install the other drivers as well.  I am following the order recommended by a Dell KB article (chipset is first).  What I meant is whether anyone knows if I need to do anything else right now after installing the chipset ultility "program".  The fact that it is called a program led me to believe that I might have to run this after installing.  As I mentioned, I used the driver from the Dell site but when I checked the Dell instructions as to what to do with the utility program from the Dell CD, it did not mention having to do anything further than just getting the program installed so perhaps I am ok.  I'm not sure.

11.9K Posts

@Will91 wrote:
Greetings:

I just finished a clean install of Windows XP and SP2.  I used the Intel Chipset Utility program on the Dell download site in case it has been upgraded compared to the one on my original Dell CD.  After the utility program has successfully installed, do I need to do anything further??  I read through the readme.txt on the utility software which made me think there might be something more I need to do.

Thank you.

You may need to install additional drivers, like for a video card, depending on your computer. 

11.9K Posts

April 18th, 2005 21:00

@Will91 wrote:

Hi Rickmktg:

Yes, I realize I have to install the other drivers as well.  I am following the order recommended by a Dell KB article (chipset is first).  What I meant is whether anyone knows if I need to do anything else right now after installing the chipset ultility "program".  The fact that it is called a program led me to believe that I might have to run this after installing.  As I mentioned, I used the driver from the Dell site but when I checked the Dell instructions as to what to do with the utility program from the Dell CD, it did not mention having to do anything further than just getting the program installed so perhaps I am ok.  I'm not sure.

No, you have nothing else to do.

88 Posts

April 20th, 2005 00:00

Thank you.
No Events found!