Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 15th, 2008 07:00

Replacement Vista Discs in Canada???

Hey guys,

I need to re install Vista on my M1210. I however have misplaced the Discs that came with the laptop.  I found a part of the Dell site that offers a one time replacement but there is no way to enter a Canadian address.  Does this service exist for Canada?

Phad

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

November 15th, 2008 11:00

The online form that has been floating around these forums is for the U.S. Everybody else has to use Technical Support. Found this for you,

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/topic.aspx/ca/shared/support/dellcare/en/byphone_prod?c=ca&l=en&s=gen

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 15th, 2008 15:00

Hi Phaddie and welcome to DCF,

To request replacement Disks online in Canada, see link below. :emotion-1:

https://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dellcare/en/backupcd_form

Best of luck.

2.9K Posts

November 16th, 2008 08:00

Red Dawn,

I can find no where on that site that allows the input of Canadian (eg. Province) information. It appears that this again is the standard US form.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 16th, 2008 09:00

The default for that link seems to be the USA, but somehow when you click it, if you were previously on Dell's Homepage for a different country, it will bring you to the relevant page for that region.

I had originally searched Dell Canada for that link and when I clicked it in my post above, I was brought to the correct [Canadian] page, but now see after cleaning my computer using CCleaner, the link now brings me to the same page, but for the USA.

Something to do with cookies maybe??

Try this, go to Dell Canada's homepage, then copy and paste the link into the address bar at the top and press enter.

Never let it be said that Dell would make anything easy.

Thanks Rebel9 for bringing this to my attention.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 16th, 2008 10:00

Rebel9,

A little bit of trial and error, only for your feedback I would never have known. :emotion-21:

All the best. :emotion-1:

2.9K Posts

November 16th, 2008 10:00

BRILLIANT! How on earth did you ever figure that out?? Huh?

(2nd attempt at posting)

2.9K Posts

November 16th, 2008 13:00

Well, trial and error obviously worked this time. Thanks again. :emotion-2:

(second attempt to post)

1 Message

February 4th, 2012 03:00

Wow thanks

No Events found!