Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

September 2nd, 2007 22:00

Start Menu Links for some Recently Opened Programs do not work

I'm running Vista Home Premium (I upgraded from XP MCE), the links to some recently used progams (such as Windows Live Messenger) do not work. When I click on them, nothing happens.

Does anyone else have this problem or a suggested solution? I've tried disabling the feature then re-enabling it, and still have the same problem.

Thanks

Message Edited by FourXX on 09-02-2007 08:07 PM

20 Posts

Upgrading Vista over top of XP is not a good thing.  Anytime you want to install a completely different OS, it is best to start with a fresh install.  That way you don't get some of the glitches and incompatibility issues that tend to carry over from older drivers, incompatible applications, etc.  I would say it would be best to move the files you want to save either onto an external hard drive, or a blank DVD.  Then do a fresh install by reformatting the hard drive and installing Vista.

2 Posts

Sorry, should have worded that differently. My system came with XP MCE, I did a reformat and a clean install of Vista Home Premium. I downloaded and installed all relevant drivers as well.

Message Edited by FourXX on 09-02-2007 08:33 PM
No Events found!