Error Code:    -5011 : 0x8002802b
Error Information:
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (551)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:Dell (www.dell.com)
PGUID:0ED7EE95-6A97-47AA-AD73-152C08A15B04
$10.1.0.238
@Windows XP Service Pack 1 (7601) BT_OTHER 0.0

I have not been able to run the software (one single time).  All it does is sit there and eat up valuable resources.  "Toaster.exe" is on, but I am unable to bring up the software.  Likewise for Dell support reps who have logged in to my computer.

I have an L702x about 3 or 4 months old.

I am not averse to giving the software a try but first I want this problem fixed.

I am not wasting any more time running around on the phone with Dell support reps.  I was put over about 5 or 6 times to the "right" person, and nobody was ever able to solve it.  They try to be helpful, and have good attitudes, but I don't have any more time to spend on this, on the phone.  However, perhaps the forums would be a better place to review this issue.

Poking around on the web, and checking out errors that pertain to that dll file gone wrong, it looks like it might be something that pertains to the "installer" going right or wrong.

Downloading and attempting to reinstall did not work.  (Dell does not make it easy to figure out where to download the software, but one of the support reps helped me).

So, anyway, if anyone has any ideas, that would be great.  There are a decent number of items hogging my system resources, and also some necessity for hard reboots.  I am trying to go through and clear them up.

Thanks for any assistance.

jl

46 Posts

August 9th, 2011 01:00

As far as I was able to tell, I came up with the best imperfect answer I could for now (renaming of the directory to get the software out of the way).  I put the details here:

en.community.dell.com/.../19918699.aspx

46 Posts

July 23rd, 2011 07:00

Also, part of the error message reads (that I can't copy and paste so copying manually):

"An error (-5011 : 0x8002802b) has occurred while running the setup.

"Please make sure you have finished running any  previous setup and closed other applications.  If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor. Dell. (www.dell.com)

46 Posts

July 30th, 2011 07:00

No answers?  Is there a way to stop datasafe (local or online, either, both, any?) from starting up?  They do not make it easy to prevent from starting by having it amongst the "startup" items.

No Events found!