Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 7th, 2012 00:00

Update keeps crashing system

Since January 2011 I had a problem with an update from Microsoft I finally had to send my laptop in to get repaired the motherboard had failed. This year in January I had another update from Microsoft that has made it impossible for me to even own this Dell Inspiron 1545, because I have had to reset back to factory settings 4x already. I keep getting told is to pay money to have the software technical support department handle the problem, but why should I have to pay for something that is a Dell/Microsoft conflict? If someone can help me please help me before I take a sledge hammer to this junk and ship it back to Dell. 

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 7th, 2012 03:00

There are some Microsoft updates that universally (all PC's) have caused problems, not just a problem with Dell.  I even have one MS Update that I have blocked because it causes problems.  Do some google research on the specific Microsoft update and see what you come up with.  A software update, even a corrupted update, will not cause a hardware failure, if you had a motherboard problem it was not because of a software issue (unless it was incorrectly diagnosed).

No Events found!