Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 5th, 2017 07:00

Using USB Recovery image dvd driver is not found.

I have used the service tag and downloaded the USB Recovery tool to install the OS for the system. It starts to install windows but then stops at "driver for the DVD is required. Please placed the driver disk in the drive....etc." The install will not continue. Please help.

Scott

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 5th, 2017 12:00

You are probably trying to install Windows 7 on a system that does require additional drivers.

Next time be specific. Sheesh.

2 Posts

December 6th, 2017 06:00

This is a Dell OptiPlex 7010 and Windows 7.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

December 6th, 2017 06:00

Model of Dell and version of Windows?

You either have a corrupt installation .iso or it lacks the storage controllers for new hardware.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

December 6th, 2017 21:00

Okay so had a look into this, you should be getting the Dell Windows 7 Professional Skylake .iso with a Dell OptiPlex 7010. Previously this was only available to download with Skylake systems but it looks like Dell have extended the range of Service Tags eligible for OS download.

Ensure you are using the back USB ports on this system, for keyboard, mouse and Bootable USB flash drive and not the front ones.

1 Message

July 12th, 2018 10:00

Create the recovery usb and iso.

for me it was win 7 pro 64bit for Optiolex 7010

download the optiplex 7010 driver pack A09 cab 

extract it

in the extracted 7010 folder I did the following:

i deleted the 32 bit folder

under the 64  bit folder I deleted the video and security sub folders 

This reduced the 7010 folder to 150 MB.

then copy the 7010 Folder to the source folder on the usb

the builds will then run without error

cheers Aidan McCarthy

3 Posts

August 23rd, 2018 05:00

If I use the rear ports, the mouse and keyboard give no response at all on the Locale selection screen, I have to use the front ones.

I still get the driver issue though.

3 Posts

August 23rd, 2018 05:00

Hi Aidan, 

on trying to get to that a09 pack, it doesn't seem to have a Download button?

https://www.dell.com/support/article/uk/en/ukbsdt1/how13895/optiplex-7010-windows-7-driver-cab?lang=en

- unlike the other packs there....

Any ideas?  Thanks, Danny

3 Posts

August 24th, 2018 02:00

I've found the A09 pack on a third-party site, which normally makes me a bit nervous about malware, but I've downloaded it, and done the extraction of the folders that Adrian mentions.  However, whenever I boot the PC, I get a C: D: and X: drive, and although the X: contains the Sources folder, it does not show the 7010 folder that I created inside there.

The 3 drive letters shown don't seem to correspond to the actual USB drive at all.  Wondering if there's some incompatibility with my USB stick and the WinPE boot environment?  Annoying as it boots from there anyway.  May try another brand if I can find one.

No Events found!