Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 7th, 2012 10:00

Vostro 3450 Driver Updates for Windows 8?

Hello,

I am running Windows 8 on my Dell Vostro 3450 and there are two major issues:

Secondary video card (AMD ATI Radeon) doesn't work, which seems to be a known issue (http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?docid=575103#3450).

But something not on the list of known issues is that my computer runs hot - and I mean the fan going full blast all the time. This can't be good for my computer, and I would assume it is a problem with drivers or something since in Windows 7 my computer was fine.

So my question is, will these issues be resolved for the Vostro 3450? Is Dell really going to be releasing drivers before October 26th, 2012?

I really like Windows 8, it is faster than Windows 7, but if Dell cannot resolve these issues on the Vostro 3450 it will be a shame - I only bought the 3450 a year ago and I really feel like I should be able to run Windows 8 on it (I have an i7, still very fast!).

Thanks,

Nathan

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 8th, 2012 00:00

Hi nwells,

As you know Windows 8 will officially be released on OCT 26, 2012. The Dell Vostro 3450 does support upgrading to Windows 8.  You will have to wait for full drivers support from OCT 26, 2012.

Please reply for any queries.

27 Posts

January 21st, 2013 22:00

Update for me with my 3450 - previously I had installed Windows 8 and then installed the A13 bios update after. Now I have done a clean install of Windows 8 AFTER I had already installed A13 and hibernation works correctly after re-installing the latest ATI graphic drivers from Dell for my system.  Nice it works now - sucks that I had to totally re-install everything from scratch to make it work though.

27 Posts

January 23rd, 2013 06:00

Update of my update. Sleep works great. But to hibernate it takes like 3 min+ to shutdown. Not acceptable!!  Dell, I've been a lifelong customer, but I think this is my last computer from you. I only bought it a year ago, and now I can't upgrade to the latest Windows software. So dumb. I have a freaking Intel Core i7!! I shouldn't be outdated this fast because you don't give me drivers that work!

27 Posts

October 8th, 2012 01:00

Thanks Ravi,

I am subscribed to technet so I got Windows 8 early to do some testing. I will look for the updated drivers - thanks!

-Nathan

4 Posts

February 4th, 2013 03:00

Same problema here. It's a shame !!

No Events found!