Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 3rd, 2004 02:00

What is this? ~

This Friday a new icon appeared on my desktop. Instead of having a unique symbol for this icon it is an icon like you would find under your start all program folder with this symbol below it ~. I ran my virus scan and it showed nothing to report. When I go to properties it doesn't say where the program is from, ony the directory address. I'm afraid to open it. Any help would be great.I have a brand new Dimension 4600 with WinXP.

23 Posts

February 3rd, 2004 02:00

That is a bug in outlook express that happens when you change your address book.. just delete it ... dont worry it wnot hurt anything...

2 Intern

• 

18.8K Posts

February 3rd, 2004 04:00

kahunajohn,

A more detailed explanation is here.

4.4K Posts

February 3rd, 2004 05:00

Who's Denny Denham? Just the most articulate, helpful, and prolific poster on the Dell Forums, that's who!

Statistics: Total Posts 21862

But the real story isn't in the numbers. It's in the number of people Denny has helped, and in several languages!

Jim

3 Posts

Thanks a bunch. I will try to check out all the helpful tips you sent me tomorrow. I use to live onthe net from 1996-2k, but it looked like I became public enemy #1 with my puter getting every virus known and unknown, then the spam war, and when pop-ups went from being helpful to a real pain in the you know where, well I told the misses, I'm going on vacation. I stayed away from March23rd 2001 until last week.
Well I gotta run.
Thanks again! John

3 Posts

Thanks for the tip. I rebooted my computer and it was gone. How weird. But with all the bugs out there I didn't want to take a chance. I use to live on the net, but due to the amount of virus's, spam, and pop-ups I said to the wife, that's enough. So I'm a little gun shy.
I also got a response from someone named Denny Denham. He wants me to go to his url to explain what that folder was, and to learn the shortcuts to getting help from the forum. Do you know who he is?
Thanks again, gotta get a shower, wife thinks I bees dirty.
Have a great day/night! :^)
No Events found!