Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 28th, 2009 19:00

Windows 7/XPS 400/Creative's 5.1 audio

Hi,

I recently installed a fresh copy of Windows 7.  For the most part, everything is working fine.  However, I'm very concerned about how my audio is/isn't performing.

My system originally had Windows XP, Media Center Edition.  The drivers were for Creative's Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB.  I have no idea what that means, but what I did discover is that they won't install on Windows 7.  This is a great concern, because my greatest hobby was doing A/V work, which involved creating/editing 5.1 Surround Sound mixes.

I did manage to configure the audio in such a way that Windows recognizes that I'm dealing with 5.1 audio.  However, something is still a bit "off".  For instance, what used to be 50% volume with Windows XP is now 100% with Windows 7.  I'm not sure if I worded that right, but I basically mean that the volume is far too low.  However, I have done 5.1 tests, to ensure that each channel is properly configured and they are.

Is there something I can do to boost my system's volume?  The current configuration seems "weak"... not sure how to describe it.

Thanks in advance.

- Justin

No Responses!
No Events found!