Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 11th, 2009 17:00

Windows 7 on 600m - no wlan vista drivers. Alternative Wlan pci with vista drivers?

Hi,

I'd like to put Windows 7 on my 600m but I can't find any Vista WLAN drivers for the Truemobile 1300 Wlan pci. 

Is there an alternative Wlan card I could purchase that would work in the 600m that has Vista drivers?

I know I could use a USB stick but I prefer to keep things built-in.

Thanks.

-CB

4 Posts

May 13th, 2009 08:00

Okay, I went ahead an install Win 7 RC1 and after the install there is an update that downloads Broadcom drivers that enable the Wlan 1300. That's great news!

Curiously, the built in wired ethernet port doesn't seem to have any drivers. I will have to investigate.

Also, I found that I needed to download Alps trackpad drivers to fully enable all of the features of the trackpad (scrolling, etc.). Unfortunately, I have not found any Dell drivers but was able to use drivers found on Toshiba's site.

Would Dell consider creating a resource that at least gives pointers to drivers that might allow older Dell products to work with Win 7? It would be good PR. I'm not saying Dell has to actively support, but simply give a little assistance?

-CB

14.4K Posts

May 14th, 2009 16:00

Most Vista drivers will work on win 7.

2 Posts

May 14th, 2009 16:00

I just tried a clean install [new hard disc] of WIN 7 RC1 but it does not find the wired or wireless network ports.  [I upgraded the wireless to 'Wireless G' some time ago.]

Anyone have a clue on this?

RW

No Events found!