Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

October 25th, 2009 22:00

Windows 7

Looks like I made a big error. I installed Windows 7 - Home Premium - 64 bit, today. Formerly had Windows Vista Home Premium - 32 bit. Everything seems to work well with the new OS, except Dell told me I have now voided the remainder of my warranty by changing the OS. I never saw this any place but still would have proceeded with Windows 7.

I also have a Dell laser printer 2130cn for which I need a driver for Windows 7 and was told they cannot help me with that either.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Running Dell 530 Inspirion, Q6600 Quad Core, 500 GB HD, NVidia 9400 GT, 4 GB RAM

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

October 26th, 2009 03:00

Everything seems to work well with the new OS, except Dell told me I have now voided the remainder of my warranty by changing the OS. I never saw this any place but still would have proceeded with Windows 7.

Hi, When you first get your dell, you are given 20 days warranty on your software, if you change your OS, then you will void your software warranty.  Your main warranty covers your hardware not your software, so you can change your OS if you want to.

No Events found!