Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

March 30th, 2008 18:00

Windows Update does not show Vista SP1 on Dell 690

Windows Update does not show Vista SP1 for my Dell 690. I am running Vista 64 Ultimate.

I have tried unistalling the SigmaTel driver and letting Vista install the High Definition Audio driver. I have also tried disabling the onboard audio device at the Bios.

Perhaps it is not only the SigmaTel driver the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Antonio

7.9K Posts

March 30th, 2008 19:00

It can be any of these factors:  http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=948343

Most of the problem drivers (aside from logitech and symantec) are not fatal -- you may just have to resinstall them after the SP1 install.  Given that, you can always consider using the stand alone SP1 installer if you feel comfortable reinstalling needed drivers afterwards.

21 Posts

March 31st, 2008 02:00

asalcedo,

You've probably already tried this, but there is  a thread below where a couple of us had to click on the "Check Updates" link two or three times (in the same session) before the SP1 update showed-up. You've probably got a different problem, but thought I'd mention it anyways.

39 Posts

March 31st, 2008 06:00

Yes, I knew the MS article that details all the potential reasons.

And yes, I have read extensively about this and tried WU several times in the same session.

I am keen to get SP1 because there are certain enhancements that will benefit my type of work.

Do you know if WU will automatically offer SP1 within a few weeks or will this require OEM's or manufacturers' new drivers in which case it may take far longer?

No Events found!