Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 2nd, 2007 06:00

XP Error 25090 - Office Source Engine Issue

I am trying to use the limited access guest account on WIn XP and am having trouble with MS Office applications. When I try to open an MS Office application on the guest account I get the following error....

Error 25090. Office Setup encountered a problem with the Office Source Engine, system error: -2147023836. Please open SETUP.CHM and look for "Office Source Engine" for information on how to resolve this problem.

I have tried Microsoft resolution to the issue without success. Does anyone know Of a possible resolution to this issue? Thanks.

2 Intern

• 

966 Posts

September 2nd, 2007 11:00

Is this the microsoft resolution you tried?

Just a thought,but try start>run> services.msc>office source engine.Is it disabled?

Tom

45 Posts

September 3rd, 2007 14:00

Thanks for the reply Tom!! Yes, this is the resolution from Microsoft that I am referring to. It did not work for me. I am trying to avoid reinstalling MS Office 2003. On the guest aacount I am also getting a IE scripting error when I try to open services.msc. These issue only happen on limted acces acounts. On an account with full administration rights, I do not see this issue. Any other suggestions?

2 Intern

• 

966 Posts

September 3rd, 2007 15:00

Can you into control panel>services>office source engine.Is it disabled?

Maybe delete the user account and create a new one.

There maybe a clue in event viewer.

Have you tried system restore?

I was thinking of normal.dot,but not positive it is an office issue.

Does the  IE scripting error say anything?

Try this link

Tom

45 Posts

September 3rd, 2007 16:00

I am running WIn XP and do not see an option for Control Panal -> Services. As for the scripting error, it gives not details for line number, etc.

2 Intern

• 

966 Posts

September 3rd, 2007 19:00

In control panel (classic view) click on administrative tools>services.

Or,start>run> services.msc
No Events found!