Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 14th, 2018 07:00

Getting Service Tag from Serial Number

We've got a number of thin clients, and using the Wyse Device Manager I get the serial number from them.

However this is not a valid service tag to log a Service Request with.

These machines are distributed over a wide area & there is not always someone at the site who could pick up the machine & try to find the sticker (which, there sometimes isn't one).

How can I  get the required service tag?

Cheers,

Ed

3 Posts

June 15th, 2018 02:00

Found it!

From here:

http://www.dell.com/support/contents/uk/en/ukbsdt1/article/product-support/self-support-knowledgebase/locate-service-tag/wyse

Note: In addition the Service Tag can be identified from the Wyse Serial number (BIOS) or Wyse “SID” on the label ( xxxAyyyyyyy). In both instances if the 4th character in the Wyse Serial number/ SID is “A”, then the last 7 digits of the serial number will be the Dell Service Tag.

560 Posts

June 14th, 2018 09:00

Go to the Dell Warranty page http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04?app=warranty and enter the serial number from your Wyse thin client. This will provide you with the Service Tag for your device.

3 Posts

June 15th, 2018 02:00

Hi Roger,

Thank you for your reply.

That webpage does not work for me in the manner you say.

It demands a Service Tag and will not accept a serial number.

Is there another page we can try?

Thanks,

Ed

1 Message

May 11th, 2022 23:00

sir please share the link .how checj i service tag to serial number.how to convert tag to serial number please..

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

June 19th, 2024 22:31

in my opinion this is total nonsense to have serial numbers and service tags to identify the product. What is so wrong in having only serial numbers?...now lot of people is having problem to find service tag and they can not identify it online by having serial number. You can not not open a service request...you can not do anything with having only the serial number info...and on top of that you can't contact anyone by mail or chat because there is no email contact info anywhere and for chatting with some human being you need to have a service tag...total nonsense

No Events found!