Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 16th, 2016 15:00

Weighing VDI and Thin Client Options

I'm considering thin client options and I have some questions I hope you can help with.  I'm interested in creating a solution with a combination of thin clients as well as an application for Windows/Mac/Chrome OS.  I'm considering either VMware View or Amazon Workspaces as the VDI piece.  I'm completely open to suggestions and that's what brings me here.

So here goes:

Are there Wyse thin clients available that would be able to connect to two different environments simultaneously?  Is there a client available that would support this in a dual monitor setup?

Do they typically have VPN capabilities to connect to an environment remotely?

Does the Wyse app support VPN?  Would it be possible to connect to run two instances of the app simultaneously and VPN from both?

Thank you,

William

560 Posts

September 20th, 2016 12:00

William,

What you seem to be looking at seems to be a Windows-based thin client, as it provides you with the most flexibility. It supports connections to Citrix, Microsoft and VMware infrastructures. It allows you to install applications to increase your connectivity options. VPN can be vendor dependent, so you can install the VPN client required in your environment. All our thin clients support dual screens and we have one that supports up to six if required. Most support resolutions of 1920x1080 and others support higher resolutions up to 4K. If you want to run multiple connections and applications at once, I would suggest that you get the 7020 with WES7P with 32GB Flash and 4 or 8 GB RAM.

Spec sheet can be found at http://i.dell.com/sites/doccontent/shared-content/data-sheets/en/Documents/Wyse-7020-Thin-Client-Data-Sheet.pdf

You may want to contact our Inside Sales department at 1-800-800-9973 option 1 and they can review your needs in more detail.

No Events found!