Start a Conversation

Unsolved

1 Message

January 12th, 2023 05:00

WMS4 – CAN’T APPLY POLICIES TO THINOS 8-CLIENTS

WMS: WMS 4.0 (upgraded from 3.8, because I had same issues there)
FW: ThinOS 8.6_810
Clients: 5010 and 5070 (tested 5070 too see if problem only existed on 5010)

When I apply WMS settings on my 5010/5070 the client boots up and register in the WMS-console. Everything looks fine in the WMS console. The client shows up with green status “Online”. Compliant status is green a few minutes. then it becomes grey saying “Pending”.

The client says “WMS agent retrieveing full configurations” but I can see it hasn’t.

If I try to edit the default policy in the WMS console, I see a warning text saying:
“Note: Previously published settings may not have been received by all devices. More info here (with a link).
When I follow the link, it takes me to the “Jobs” section. I’m not sure what I am looking for, but I can see the client in one message saying:

Device Name: name of the client
Command: DeviceInformation
Requested on: the date and time I resat the client to boot into WMS

Anything of this familiar to anyone??? 

Any hints appreciated.

Cheers
Kenneth

3 Apprentice

• 

740 Posts

January 12th, 2023 07:00

What messages are seen in the event log on the thin client at this time, 

Does the proper WMS Server name and group token look right?

Is Valiate Certificate checked?   

Most often what I see when this happen, it is due to the "Validate Certificate" being turned on, when it is a self seigned cert

2 Intern

• 

346 Posts

May 5th, 2023 02:00

It sounds like you are experiencing an issue with applying policies to ThinOS 8 clients. Here are some steps that you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

Check the version of your ThinOS client - Make sure that your client is running ThinOS 8 or higher, as some policy settings may not be compatible with earlier versions.

Check your policy settings - Verify that the policies you are trying to apply are configured correctly and are compatible with the version of ThinOS you are running. You can do this by reviewing the policy configuration settings in the Wyse Management Suite or Dell Endpoint Management Suite.

Verify connectivity - Ensure that the ThinOS clients are properly connected to the network and can communicate with the management server. You may need to check firewall settings or network configurations to make sure that there are no issues with connectivity.

Check for conflicts - Check for any conflicting policies that may be causing issues with the policies you are trying to apply. You can do this by reviewing the policy logs or by comparing the settings in your policies.

No Events found!