Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

August 1st, 2015 20:00

Auto Discovery credentials not retained

Auto Discovery credentials not retained

After logging in once with auto-discovery, I used to be able to exit and restart PocketCloud (or restart my phone) any number of times without entering my gmail credentials again.

After the latest PocketCloud upgrade however, each time I restart the app I am no longer logged into auto-discovery and need to re-enter my credentials.

Was this an intentional change? If so, I'd really like to see an option to remember the credentials.

5 Posts

I spoke too soon. The problem continues to happen 1-2 times per day.

PocketCloud gets into a mode where every time I start it (backing out to home page and then restarting the app), it shows that I am logged out (the Log In button is visible).

I found that while the app is in this mode, if I power-cycle the phone (not necessarily doing a full restart), the next time the app is started it will log me in automatically (no need to enter credentials). It will continue to log me in automatically until the next time it gets stuck in that mode.

500 Posts

Hi,

What device are you using? This is not right behavior. Please do these steps: 
Log out from Auto Discovery (Gmail account) in PocketCloud > Exit PocketCloud app > reboot the Android device > launch PocketCloud again > Login to Auto Discovery.

After that it should keep your gmail credentials.

Regards

5 Posts

Hi Iana,

I followed your instructions and the problem is resolved.

Thanks for the prompt response!

(MyTouch 4G, Android 2.2.1)

5 Posts

August 1st, 2015 21:00

Hi Suchitha,

I have cellular data disabled and have been using only WIFI which definitely comes and goes as I wander around. It is possible that PocketCloud gets into this mode when the signal becomes unavailable or very weak, but I have been unable to recreate it simply by turning WIFI off and on.

500 Posts

Ok. We will look into this. Thank you!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

500 Posts

Hi Suchitha,

I think you missed my point. The problem is not that I get logged out, but that when I get logged out:
a) Restoring a good WIFI signal does not cause the app to log me back in again.
b) Restarting the app does not log me back in again.
c) Re-entering my credentials does not log me back in again.

When the problem occurs, it necessary to power-cycle the phone, and then the app logs me back in.

925 Posts

HI Bsilvern, did you loose network coverage before you see this issuse? Are you switching between 3g and edge?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

500 Posts

Bsilvern,

Yes, sometimes if the WiFi network is weak or lost for some reason, Auto Dscovery could log out.

No Events found!